Writer-for-hire. Incorrigible author.
Snatched in Gullybrook by Kim Van Sickler Earns Rave Reviews by Trafficking Expert:
Snatched in Gullybrook is the closest fictional account to reality that I have read on domestic minor sex trafficking (DMST) victims. The graphic brutality of tactics used to ensure submission, loyalty, and fear in young girls highlight the cruelty and savagery associated with trafficking. The author does an amazing job of capturing the essence—the strength and the resiliency of the human spirit—from the vantage point of multiple victims who are ruthlessly being forced into sex slavery. Though hard to imagine and even to digest, the portrayal of the human trafficking experience is carefully and thoughtfully crafted as Kim Van Sickler exposes the trauma, as well as the hopefulness, that sex trafficked minors experience. —Dr. Jacquelyn Meshelemiah, Human Trafficking Educator, The Ohio State University
NEWS and Events
- Snatched in Gullybrook, Kim’s debut novel, is available on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.
- Upcoming events:
- Chardon Library Author Fair on Saturday, September 17, 2016
- Rear-view mirror:
- Chardon Library Author Fair
- Willoughby-Eastlake Library Author Expo
- Ursuline College Human Trafficking Panel
- Not Under Our Roof, Preventing Human Trafficking Within the Tourism Industry Conference, sponsored by the Northwest Ohio Rescue and Restore Coalition.
- Criminal Justice Week at Miami University’s Hamilton campus, which included a screening of the human trafficking movie “The Whistleblower” and a talk by The Whistleblower author Kathryn Bolkovac.
- International Trafficking, Prostitution, and Sex Work Conference at the University of Toledo.
- Congratulations to the five winners of copies of Snatched in Gullybrook in the September 2014 Goodreads Giveaway. More than a thousand people entered the contest.